BaseCamp® is an innovative anxiety program for children aged 7 to 12 years. Developed by Clinical Psychologist, Dr Kathryn Berry, and the Quirky Kid team, BaseCamp® draws on decades of experience, combining a sound theoretical cognitive-behavioural approach with effective, engaging and child-centred activities.
BaseCamp® is based in a fictional Australian National Park. Children are invited on a journey to explore themed settings, team up with a support crew of experienced guides and interact with park animals, all intended to help them tackle the challenges of managing and overcoming anxiety.
The program provides participants with a concise and engaging set of materials to help them build a repertoire of anxiety management skills and to support the development of essential social and emotional learning (SEL) skills for children aged 7 to 12 years.
The Program covers:
- Understanding Worry, Anxiety, and its components.
- Practice cognitive restricting techniques to develop more realistic and helpful ways of thinking about the situations and events that make them anxious.
- Implement guided graded exposure exercises to develop coping strategies and to develop more realistic views about overcoming worries.
- Practice relaxation technics to reduce overall arousal levels and physiological tension typically associated with anxiety.
- Learn relapse prevention techniques to consolidate on anxiety-management techniques and learn how to generate an action plan when difficulties are confronted.
Term 2 Program Details:
The programs will be running weekly (for 8 weeks). Please review the bookings details below:
- 8 practical sessions of 1 hour in duration for a maximum of 4 participants.
- 2 x 30 minutes parent consultations (phone) before and after the program
- An exclusive workbook featuring interactive activities, facts, fieldwork, and stories.
- Weekly email updates with key program content and suggestions for home and school.
|Group||Start Date||Start Time||Places Left|
|7-8 Years||Mon 7th May||4:00 to 5:00pm||4 left|
|9-11 years||Mon 7th May||5:00 to 6:00pm||4 left|
Group programs are held at Quirky Kid Sydney: Level 1, Unit 2, 83-85 Queen Street, Woollahra NSW 2025
The EARLY BIRD registration is $740 per child ( This is only $92.50 per session) and you will be invited to select the age group during the registration process. Hurry! There are limited places available for these programs.