By now, everyone has made some adjustments to their routines and lives due to COVID-19 and it is no different at Quirky Kid. Below are some important updates from our team.
The key takeaway is that we are still here to support you and your family during this period while playing our part to stop the spread of the virus.
In line with the latest advice from the Australian Government, we are reducing our face-to-face interactions, as appropriate. Please check often as this post will be updated with more information as it becomes available,
We have been providing online consultations for many years already. In fact, Quirky Kid started offering phone and online services in 2007 when we launched our first website from Darwin. For us, Telehealth feels like a walk in the park.
If you prefer to complete your sessions by phone or video, ask our reception and we’ll arrange it for you.
We also have a weekly online Lunch and Learn session with Quirky Kid Psychologist to help parents support Children’s wellbeing during COVID-19.
Support to Schools
We have adjusted some of our programs and service deliveries to support schools in maintaining the wellbeing of their students. These initiatives include supporting schools with counselling for students in need and adapting some of our programs for online delivery. Schools can engage us in:
- Delivering The Best of Friends and Basecamp as an online program. Our team of facilitators will host weekly sessions at set times to groups of students. Participants will receive a copy of the Program workbook and attend sessions with trained facilitators.
- Access The Power Up program to support high achieving students with reduced bulk purchases of licenses.
Reducing our Fees
The Australian government has announced new medicare item to ensure healthcare can be delivered to all Australians during this time. Quirky Kid has also take initiative to support families. For a limited period, will reduce the cost of online consultations and some of the other individual services to provide our clients and community can continue to access support for their families, during the next 2 months.
There has been some changes to Medicare with clients in some circumstances being eligible for bulk-billing rates on the new telehealth items.We are not a bulk-billing service but will update our policies to offer options to clients significantly impacted by COVID-19.
Hours of Operation
We are reducing our hours of operation for the safety of our team. From April 2020, our clinics will be open to clients on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday only from 9.30-6.00pm.
During these hours, we have new guidelines to reduce the risk of COVID19. You can read all the details at our Help Centre. These initiatives include:
- All parent sessions to be conducted online or by phone.
- Our waiting rooms are closed. Please drop-off and pick-up only. Your psychologist can provide feedback in a separate parent session.
- Phone and email support from QK reception is available.
- Hygiene practices of the highest standard are our new normal.
In addition, Quirky Kid is following the guidance of the World Health Organisation and The Australian Psychological Society for further updates.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention provides reliable information about the coronavirus (COVID-19) such as its symptoms, steps you can take to protect yourself, and what to do if you are affected.
- Australian Government Department of Health: The Department of Health has developed a collection of resources for the general public, health professionals and industry about coronavirus (COVID-19), including translated resources.
We appreciate your understanding as we seek to avoid any unnecessary risks to the health of our Quirky community, our homes, housemates, families and everyone in between. Thank you for your continued support.