Kimberley O’Brien, our principal child psychologist, discussed the importance of play and play time, with ”The Circle’ Presenter. You can find useful, practical and informative advice about parenting by visiting our resources page, – or discussing it on our forum.
Kimberley provided some tips for parents during the segment:
- 1. Observe your child at play and follow their interests.
- 2. Ask your child to explain the rules of the game.
- 3. Wear comfortable clothes and relax.
- 4. Give yourself adequate time to play.
- 5. Rid yourself of any distractions, eg: Blackberry or a chatty adult.
To view more information about the story, visit ‘The Circle Website’
If you have a story and would like to discuss it with us, please contact us to schedule a time. Kimberley O’Brien enjoys sharing the best of her therapeutic moments with the media. View our media appearances to-date.