Child Psychologist – Sydney
We’re one of Australia’s leading Child, Adolescent and Family Psychology Clinics and passionately committed to providing clients with the highest standard of service delivery. Quirky Kid is a member of the University of Wollongong business incubator program, ‘iAccelerate’. We operate clinical spaces in Sydney and Wollongong and have a new clinic planned for Canberra in 2018.
You may also know of Quirky Kid as an award-winning publisher of unique therapeutic resources for young people and families. They include The Face it Cards, The Tell me a Story Cards and the popular programs like Power Up™ and The Best of Friends®, which are used in schools around Australia and overseas.
We are very busy and continue to grow, develop and evolve. As a result, we are now looking for a full-time or Part-time child psychologist in Sydney (18-month contract with opportunity for review) who shares Quirky Kid’s passion and long to be involved in something special. The position is available from 1 July 2018.
We’re set for growth –
on a mission to make a big impact:
As an organisation, we put our values at the core of how we operate. We want the time and energy you spend at Quirky Kid to have a positive impact on the lives of our clients. Our purpose is to achieve positive change for children and families. To make this possible, we ensure our capabilities are calibrated correctly by being well resourced, supportive, responsible and flexible employers; ‘we practice what we preach’.
Quirky Kid is already making a big difference in the lives of our 6000 plus clients, but we don’t want to stop there. We plan to consolidate our position as leaders, pioneers, imaginative, creative and contemporary thinkers. But we can’t do it alone. We need colleagues who are enthusiastic, committed, collaborative and genuine. We encourage input and value the opinions of others. Together we make amazing things happen.
The result of this inspiring combination of factors is that Quirky Kid is a unique place to work. We are sought after, busy and productive. You will work with real people who embrace quirky, true to our values and comfortable being who they are.
So, come and join us.
Our aim is to impact and reach more and more people. We’re looking for like-minded colleagues with inspired thinking, modern approach and positive mindset.
You will be reliable, consistent and independent. You are very comfortable with your therapeutic and assessment skills with children, adolescents and families. You are curious and open-minded, with a great appetite for learning, evidence-based practice and research.
You can look forward to joining a workplace that is established, relaxed and welcoming. You will find fulfilment from a clinical load perspective with a breath of clinical issues; plus, the opportunity to contribute inspiring programs and projects.
- Deliver evidence-based therapeutic intervention to young people aged 2 to 18 years and their families.
- Enjoy facilitating group programs and workshops to young people and parents.
- Complete a range of psychological assessments and reports for the purpose of diagnosing developmental or learning presentations.
- Evaluate and optimise current processes, bringing a fresh perspective to benefit the Quirky Kid team.
- Support talent retention by offering mentoring, supervision and training to provisional or junior psychologists.
- Expand the reach of therapeutic programs by engaging with peers and organisations through social networks, events or training.
- Ensure Quirky Kid remains a progressive workplace by staying up-to-date on policies, trends and philosophies in developmental psychology, social and emotional learning and management.
- Registered with the Psychology Board of Australia
- Relevant experience and interest in professional development;
- Unique and special skills to engage and communicate therapeutically with children;
- Patient, flexible, adaptive and committed.
- Address your CV and cover letter to: Dr. Kimberley O’Brien
- Email: email@example.com – Phone: 02 9362 9297