The Best of Friends™ (BoF) program gives children the knowledge, skills and confidence to understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, show empathy for others, develop and maintain friendships and make good decisions. The program includes a concise and engaging set of materials to facilitate Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) for children aged 9 to 11 years.
Term 2 – 2017 details.
Conducted weekly in 10 sessions (1 hr) at the Quirky Kid Clinic, the program content is aligned to the Australian Curriculum and features:
- Self-awareness and self-management
- Social awareness and social management
Developed by Educational and Developmental psychologist Kimberley O’Brien and the Quirky Kid team, the BoF program draws on decades of clinical and school-based experience and research, to help students overcome common social and emotional issues. Participants will learn how to:
- Make and maintain positive friendships
- Develop empathy and communication skills
- Recognise, express and manage their own emotions
- Negotiate and resolve conflict
- Work independently and more cooperatively
- Increase resilience and be assertive
- Share ideas, appreciate diverse perspectives and
- Develop teamwork and leadership skills
SEL for better student outcomes:
Research suggests Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) opportunities significantly increase student outcomes, academically and socially at school and in later life. The “Best of Friends” program aims to increase social and emotional wellbeing at home and school. The program provides both literature, theory and practice for young people to better understand themselves and others.
What is included:
- 10 sessions (one hour each) for a maximum of 8 participants.
- 2 x 30 minutes parent consultations (phone) before and after the program
- An award-winning workbook featuring interactive activities, facts, fieldwork and stories.
- Weekly email updates with key program content and suggestions for home and school.
- Time: Every WEDNESDAY 4:00 to 5:00 pm – (starts 26th April, 2017)
- Dates: 26 of April /3, 10, 17, 24, 31 of May / 7, 14, 21, 28 of June
- Cost: Early Bird – $79.90 per session ($799) or $93 per session ($930) after.
- Availability: Hurry! There are only 2 places left for this session.
- If you are not sure if your child is suitable for this workshop, please contact us before booking.
- For more information visit the workshop pages and the help centre.
- By registering, you accept the term and condition.