This activity-based performance psychology workshop is designed for children and young people training, seriously engaged or competing at club, regional, state and national level in their chosen sports, academic pursuits or the performing arts.
The workshop provides an abundance of psychological skills and techniques practiced by olympians, academics, prima ballerinas and musical soloists in order to compete at their very best. The Power Up! covers six core areas of psychological skills training. Each skill contributes to a performer’s ability to effectively manage the sustained effort required in training and practice, as well as the pressure environment of competition or performance.
This resource was awarded the Best Student Resource (Primary) under the Arts/Humanities category during the 21st Educational Publishers Awards Australia 2014.
During this workshop we will cover:
- Goal setting: Learn and practice how to set clear, specific and relevant goals. Easily.
- Self-talk: Your inner-voice is very powerful. Learn how to use it to your advantage. Step-by-Step.
- Imagery: If you imagine you are a champion you are more likely to get there. We will share all the tools.
- Focus: Identify how to focus on what matters
the most for your pursuit.
- Arousal control: Calm down and pump it up. Learn skills to keep your cool or start your fire.
- Competition planning: Get prepared well before your big event with a simple check list.
- Ideal performance state: get there and stay there
School Holiday Registrations Details :
This is a 4-hour workshop, Participants are allocated to the most suitable group based on their age. Please review the booking details below:
|10 to 12 Years||Monday
15 January, 2018
|1:00pm to 5:00pm||3 Left|
|13 to 16 Years||TBC||TBC|
Workshops are held at Quirky Kid Sydney: Level 1, Unit 2, 83-85 Queen Street, Woollahra NSW 2025
The workshop registration is $270 per participant and you will be invited to select the age group during the registration process.