BaseCamp® is an innovative anxiety program for children aged 7 to 12 years. Developed by Clinical Psychologist, Dr Kathryn Berry, and the Quirky Kid team, BaseCamp® draws on decades of experience, combining a sound theoretical cognitive-behavioural approach with effective, engaging and child-centred activities.
Winner of the prestigious Awards at the London Book Fair, ‘Best Educational Initiative’ (2018) and at the Australian Book Designer Awards, ‘Best Designed Educational Resource’ (2018), BaseCamp® is based in a fictional Australian National Park. Children are invited on a journey to explore themed settings, team up with a support crew of experienced guides and interact with park animals, all intended to help them tackle the challenges of managing and overcoming anxiety in children.
This anxiety program for kids provides participants with a concise and engaging set of materials to help them build a repertoire of anxiety management skills and to support the development of essential social and emotional learning (SEL) skills for children aged 7 to 12 years.
The Anxiety Program for Kids covers:
- Understanding Worry, Anxiety, and its components.
- Practice cognitive restricting techniques to develop more realistic and helpful ways of thinking about the situations and events that make them anxious.
- Implement guided graded exposure exercises to develop coping strategies and to develop more realistic views about overcoming worries.
- Practice relaxation technics to reduce overall arousal levels and physiological tension typically associated with anxiety.
- Learn relapse prevention techniques to consolidate on anxiety-management techniques and learn how to generate an action plan when difficulties are confronted.
Term 4 Anxiety Program Details:
The anxiety program for kids will be running weekly (for 8 weeks). Please review the bookings details below:
- 8 practical sessions of 1 hour in duration for a maximum of 6 participants.
- 2 x 30 minutes parent consultations (phone) before and after the program
- An exclusive workbook featuring interactive activities, facts, fieldwork, and stories.
- Weekly email updates with key program content and suggestions for home and school.
|Group||Start Date||Start Time||Places Left|
|7 to 8 Years||Tuesday 23rd October, 2018||4:00pm to 5:00pm||4 spots left|
|9 to 12 years||Tuesday 23rd October, 2018||5:00pm to 6:00pm||4 spots left|
Group programs are held at Quirky Kid Wollongong: Unit 105, 62 Moore Street, Austinmer NSW 2515
The EARLY BIRD registration is $740 per child ( This is only $92.50 per session) and you will be invited to select the age group during the registration process. Hurry! There are only limited places available for these programs.