BaseCamp® is a solution-focused school holiday workshop that helps anxious children and young people to manage their own symptoms of stress and worry both at home and at school. This workshop is suitable for children aged 5 to 13 years.
Participants learn to identify personal triggers for anxiety and practice coping strategies to reduce any impact on them or their families. By exploring solutions through play-based activities, participants learn to understand and appreciate anxiety in a fun, non-threatening setting. We use a variety of activities such as storytelling and role-plays to help young people identify their own personal triggers for anxiety and teach them how best to manage their own behaviour.
Participants also complete CBT-based activities and learn from each other as we normalise different types of anxiety and gain insight into our reactions.
The program covers:
- Understanding fight and flight responses
- Techniques to express worries and fears
- Strategies to reduce anxiety responses
- Taking control at home and school
The workshop encourages participants to accept and redirect persistent worries or anxiety-based behaviour, express fears or phobias among same-aged peers, exchange coping strategies for home and school, practice relaxation to modify behaviour, take responsibility, and change unhelpful thoughts.
Each program is evaluated to ensure that it meets our strict learning outcomes. Current research with parents indicates that 83% of children were better able to manage their worries and anxiety (overall) after attending a 4-hour workshop (n = 12).
School Holiday Registration Details
This is a 3-hour workshop. Participants are allocated to the most suitable group based on their age. Please review the booking details below.
|5 to 7 years||Wednesday 20th January 2021||10 am to 1 pm||4 spots left!|
|8 to 10 years||Wednesday 20th January 2021||2 pm to 5 pm||4 spots left!|
|11 to 13 years||Wednesday 13th January 2021||2 pm to 5 pm||3 spots left!|
Workshops are held at Quirky Kid’s Austinmer Clinic: Unit 105, 62 Moore Street, Austinmer, NSW 2515.
The workshop registration is $270 per child and you will be invited to select the age group during the registration process. Hurry! There are limited places available for these workshops!
- If you are not sure if your child is suitable for this workshop, please contact us before booking.
- If your child has a pre-existing diagnosis you will need to complete a pre-screening session. How do to know if your child is a good fit for the workshops?
- For more information visit our Workshops and Programs factsheet and the help centre.
- By registering, you accept the terms and conditions.