Registered Psychologist (Austinmer)
The Quirky Kid Clinic has a part-time (20 hours) position available at our Austinmer Office for a Psychologist within the child and family area. The successful
The successful candidate will demonstrate outstanding clinical and assessment skills with the ability to communicate creatively with children and adolescents. The candidate will also demonstrate previous experience in program implementation and management to ensure successful liaison with other agencies and schools.
Essential Clinical Criteria:
- Three years experience after registration.
- Demonstrate experience in administering and scoring psychometric assessments (eg: WISC-IV, SB-5, Connors, ABAS) with exceptional report writing skills and the ability to generate effective recommendations for teachers, parents and allied health professionals.
- Demonstrate recent experience in managing and facilitating group programs for children.
- Current experience with CBT, Play Therapy and other focused psychological strategies.
- Demonstrate experience and interest in working effectively with children diagnosed with ASD.
- Professional presentation, outstanding oral and written communication skills as well as current I.T skills.
- Present with passion, warmth, kindness and adaptability combined with a commitment to working ethically and honestly at all times.
- Experience in early intervention with children aged 0-5 years, their families and child care /preschool teachers.
- Clinical or Educational and Developmental endorsement with the Board.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with exceptional clients and colleagues addressing a broad range of presentations. Based in our inspiring Austinmer clinic, this role includes the support of our professional administrative team in well-resourced working conditions. Set in a beachside environment, our clinic is surrounded by the escarpment, cafes and beautiful parklands.
Furthermore, you will enjoy professional supervision to ensure your clinical experience is nurtured and you improve constantly.
- Your key focus will be to provide effective clinical intervention and assessment to young clients and their families, your role will also require you to:
- Facilitate and manage the growth of our group programs by contributing to all administration, promotion and training requirements of affiliate agencies;
- Further expand our online and telephone-based services by reviewing our current practices, implementing marketing and communication strategies, managing staff allocation, delivering services and monitoring outcomes.
This is a unique opportunity to work within a progressive child psychology clinic and to be well supported in every aspect of your role.
Please, complete the application below AND submitting a comprehensive cover letter addressing the above criteria and a brief CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Remuneration package is based on experience and will range from 70K to 75K / pro-rata.