Over the past 12 years, the Quirky Kid team has grown from two passionate founders to a world-class team of child psychologists, educators, designers, authors, illustrators, app developers and so much more.
The Quirky Kid Clinic has two new casual positions available. The positions are for a suitable professional to facilitate Quirky Kid’s award-winning range of Social and Emotional Learning programs (The Best of Friends, Basecamp and Power Up) for children aged 5-13 years at our clinics is Sydney and Wollongong.
Our clinics and workspaces are filled with inspiration, knowledge and our unstoppable commitment to our mission – to support young people and their families around the world to reach their full potential.
This position requires you to demonstrate group facilitation skills to engage children in educational, art and play-based activities while exploring social skills. This role also involves engaging with parents before and after the program to ensure the Quirky Kid provides impeccable service delivery and presentation.
The Program Facilitator is also required to obtain background information and to provide written feedback in regard to individual participants.
You will need to demonstrate skills and experience in working with children/young people, including those diagnosed with an ASD. You will also need to demonstrate experience in conducting group work with children aged 5-13 years.
- Appropriate tertiary qualification in psychology, social work, education or related social science discipline.
- An understanding of and commitment to positive behaviour support interventions.
- Experience in working creatively with children and adolescents.
- Evidence of good social skills, communication skills, professional appearance and outstanding writing skills.
- Demonstrated group work skills and evidence of current professional development in the area;
- Ability to develop positive working relationships with a range of stakeholders, including government agencies, schools and parents.
- Experience and current knowledge relating to assessment and intervention for ASD.
- Working with Children Check.
This Casual or Part-Time position requires you to be available after school between 3:00 pm and 6:00 pm at least 2 times a week AND school holidays between 10:00 am and 17:00 pm
What we Offer
A competitive sector remuneration package is on offer to the successful candidate with a base salary of $40 per hour (inclusive of casual loading). You will also be able to engage and learn from Australia’s leading child psychologist and make a positive change to children’s mental health.