Child Psychologist – Wollongong
Psychologist / Educational & Developmental / Clinical Child Psychologist F/T – Wollongong
Over the past 12 years, the Quirky Kid team has grown from two passionate founders to a world-class team of psychologists, educators, designers, authors, illustrators, app developers and so much more.Our clinics and workspaces are filled with inspiration, knowledge and our unstoppable commitment to our mission – to support children and families around the world to reach their full potential.
Quirky Kid continues to grow, develop and evolve. As a result, we are seeking Child Psychologists who share Quirky Kid’s passion to be part of something special – Together we make amazing things happen.
So, come and join us!
We’re looking for like-minded colleagues with inspired thinking, a modern approach and a positive mindset to join our relaxed, welcoming and well-resourced clinics in Wollongong (Austinmer).
- To offer parents, children and educators practical strategies and support to overcome complex issues at home and/or school, including emotional regulation, anxiety, parental separation, learning difficulties, ASD traits, suicide ideation and social difficulties.
- To assess and potentially diagnose using psychometric tools (e.g., WISC-V, SB-5, WIAT-II, CBCL, ABAS-3, ADOS-2 and CRS).
- To produce reports of the highest standard for parents and the Family Court of Australia, if required.
- To delight your clients with your attention to detail and your commitment to achieving their therapeutic goals using effective evidence-based intervention.
- To empower children and families by advocating on their behalf at case conferences, if required.
- To deliver our award winning workshops and programs for children and parents and professional development to colleagues
- To work within the structure of billable hours by ensuring consultations, school observations, case conferences, test administration and reports are completed within agreed timeframes.
Benefits and Remuneration package
- Salary range $74,536 to $91,296 p.a plus superannuation and entitlements (based on meeting position criteria), pro-rata.
- Permanent position with performance reviews every 6 months.
- To be part of a generous and enthusiastic clinical with over 30 hours of regular peer supervision and PD opportunities.
- To be part of the dynamic QK culture where your insights, individuality and loyalty are highly valued.
- To see opportunities for growth within QK and be prepared to lead inspiring programs and projects impacting young people.
- To consult with a maximum of six clients per day.
Your Qualifications & Experience:
- Fully Registered with the Psychology Board of Australia with desirable eligibility for APS College of Clinical Psychologists or APS College of Educational and Developmental Psychologists
- 3 years+ experience in diverse paediatric mental health and/or educational contexts predominantly with primary-school aged clients.
- An ability to develop a genuine rapport with a broad range of children and parents who may be experiencing stress
- Patient, flexible and committed to seeking solutions
- Able to work a minimum of 32 hours a week in Wollongong N.B. Austinmer is a 15-minute from Wollongong and 5 minutes from the beach.
- Address your CV and cover letter to Dr Kimberley O’Brien
- Email: email@example.com – Phone: 02 9362 9297
About Quirky Kid
We’re one of Australia’s leading Child, Adolescent and Family Psychology Clinics and passionately committed to providing clients with the highest standard of service delivery. Quirky Kid is a member of the University of Wollongong business incubator program, ‘iAccelerate’. We operate clinical spaces in Sydney and Austinmer with a new clinic opening soon in Canberra.
You may also know of Quirky Kid as an award-winning publisher of unique therapeutic resources for young people and families. These include Face it cards, Tell Me A Story cards and the popular programs, Power Up™, The Best of Friends® and BaseCamp which are used in schools around Australia and overseas.