Child Psychologist – Austinmer
Registered Psychologist (Casual or P/T)
Over the past 13 years, the Quirky Kid team has grown from two passionate founders to a world-class team of psychologists, educators, designers, authors, illustrators, app developers and so much more. Our clinics and workspaces are filled with inspiration, knowledge and our unstoppable commitment to our mission – to support children and families around the world to reach their full potential.
Quirky Kid continues to grow, develop and evolve. As a result, we are seeking Child Psychologists who share Quirky Kid’s passion to work with children and be part of something special – Together amazing things happen.
So, come and join us!
We’re looking for a like-minded, positive and creative colleague with a passion for working with young people in a well-resourced clinic, a block from the beach in Austinmer (Wollongong).
- To engage parents, children and adolescents with practical strategies and support to overcome complex issues at home and/or school, including emotional regulation, anxiety, parental separation, learning difficulties, ASD traits, suicide ideation and social difficulties.
- To assess and potentially diagnose using psychometric tools (including the ADOS-2, WISC-V, SB-5, WIAT-II, CBCL, ABAS-3 and CRS).
- To produce reports of the highest standard for parents and educators to use as a guide.
- To delight your clients with your attention to detail and your commitment to achieving their therapeutic goals using effective evidence-based interventions, with a focus on art and play.
- To empower children and families by advocating on their behalf at case conferences, if required.
- To deliver our award-winning workshops and programs for children.
- To work within the structure of billable hours to ensure consultations, school observations, case conferences, test administration and reports are completed within agreed timeframes.
Benefits and Remuneration package
- Salary range $75,000to $92,000 p.a plus superannuation and entitlements (based on meeting position criteria), pro-rata.
- This is a casual or part-time position with performance reviews every 6 months.
- Peer supervision, an annual retreat and regular PD opportunities are included.
- To be part of the dynamic QK culture where your insights, individuality and loyalty are highly valued.
- To see opportunities for growth within QK and be given the opportunity to lead inspiring projects impacting young people.
- To consult with a maximum of six clients per day.
Your Qualifications & Experience:
- Fully Registered with the Psychology Board of Australia with desirable eligibility for APS College of Clinical Psychologists or APS College of Educational and Developmental Psychologists.
- 3 years+ experience in paediatric mental health and/or educational contexts with primary-school aged clients.
- An ability to develop a genuine rapport with children and a capacity to connect with parents or carers.
- Patience, flexibility, humour, loyal and committed to seeking solutions.
- Able to work a minimum of 16 hours a week with potential to grow.
- Address your CV and cover letter to Dr Kimberley O’Brien
- Email: email@example.com – Phone: 02 9362 9297
About Quirky Kid
We’re one of Australia’s leading Child, Adolescent and Family Psychology Clinics and passionately committed to providing clients with the highest standard of service delivery. Quirky Kid is a member of the University of Wollongong business incubator program, ‘iAccelerate’. We operate clinical spaces in Sydney and Austinmer.
You may also know of Quirky Kid as an award-winning publisher of unique therapeutic resources for young people and families. These include Face it cards, Tell Me A Story cards and the popular programs, Power Up™, The Best of Friends® and BaseCamp which are used in schools around Australia and overseas.