Provisional Psychologist – Assessments & Workshops
Over the past 12 years, the Quirky Kid team has grown from two passionate founders to a world-class team of child psychologists, educators, designers, authors, illustrators, app developers and so much more.
We’re looking for creative colleagues with a passion for working with children and a positive mindset to join our relaxed, welcoming and well-resourced clinics in Woollahra or Austinmer.
This Casual or Part-Time position is suitable for a provisional or recently registered psychologist with experience selecting, administering and scoring psychometric tests. Excellent report writing skills are essential. The ideal candidate will also have experience in facilitating programs for small groups of children.
- To assess and potentially diagnose using psychometric tools, including the WISC-V, SB-5, WIAT-III, CBCL, ABAS-3, ADOS-2 and Conners.
- To produce reports with recommendations for parents and schools, if required.
- To faciliate School Holidays and Term workshops for small groups (max. 6) of children aged 6-12 years.
- To delight parents and your colleagues with your attention to detail and your commitment to quality and positivity.
- To enjoy being part of the QK culture where your insights, individuality and loyalty are highly valued.
- To see opportunities for growth within QK and be prepared to invest in our journey together as energetic thought leaders.
Your Qualifications & Experience:
- Provisionally registered or recently registered with the Psychology Board of Australia.
- 12 months+ experience with psychometric tests and report writing.
- 12 months+ experience working with young people in some capacity.
- Demonstrable experience facilitating groups.
- Professional Liability Insurance.
- An ability to develop a genuine rapport with children and parents.
- Patience, flexibility and a capacity to problem-solve independently.
- Loyal and committed to giving back in exchange for supervision. casual appointments at short notice for assessments
- Available to deliver weekly workshops after school on set days and during school holidays.
We’re one of Australia’s leading Child, Adolescent and Family Psychology Clinics and passionately committed to providing clients with the highest standard of service delivery. Quirky Kid is a member of the University of Wollongong business incubator program, ‘iAccelerate’. We are proud of our sunny, spacious and well-resourced clinics in Sydney and Austinmer.
You may also know of Quirky Kid as an award-winning publisher of unique therapeutic resources for young people and families. These include Face it cards, Tell Me A Story cards and the popular programs, Power Up™, The Best of Friends® and BaseCamp which are used in clinicas and schools around Australia and overseas.