Casual Psychologist – Assessments & Workshops
Over the past 12 years, the Quirky Kid team has grown from two passionate founders to a world-class team of psychologists, educators, designers, authors, illustrators, app developers and so much more.
We’re looking for like-minded colleagues with inspired thinking, a modern approach and a positive mindset to join our relaxed, welcoming and well-resourced clinics in Woollahra or Austinmer.
This Casual Position is suitable for a provisional or recently registered psychologist with demonstrable experience with selecting, administering, scoring psychometric tests, assessments and report writing. The ideal candidate will also demonstrate training and experience with facilitating groups.
- To assess and potentially diagnose using psychometric tools (e.g., WISC-V, SB-5, WIAT-II, CBCL, ABAS-3, ADOS-2 and CRS).
- To produce reports of the highest standard for parents and schools, if required.
- Manage, prepare, deliver and evaluate School Holidays and Term workshops and programs for groups of 4 to 6 children in the clinic or school setting.
- To delight your clients with your attention to detail and your commitment to achieving their therapeutic goals using effective evidence-based intervention.
- To be part of the dynamic QK culture where your insights, individuality and loyalty are highly valued.
- To see opportunities for growth within QK and be prepared to lead inspiring programs and projects impacting young people.
Your Qualifications & Experience:
- Provisionally registered and recently Registered with the Psychology Board of Australia
- 2 years+ experience with psychometric tests, assessments and report writing.
- Demonstrable experience with facilitating groups for children
- Professional Liability Insurance.
- An ability to develop a genuine rapport with a broad range of children and parents who may be experiencing stress
- Patient, flexible and committed to seeking solutions
- Available and able to commit to casual appointments at short notice for assessments
- Available to deliver weekly workshops after school and during school holidays
We’re one of Australia’s leading Child, Adolescent and Family Psychology Clinics and passionately committed to providing clients with the highest standard of service delivery. Quirky Kid is a member of the University of Wollongong business incubator program, ‘iAccelerate’. We operate clinical spaces in Sydney and Austinmer with a new clinic opening soon in Canberra.
You may also know of Quirky Kid as an award-winning publisher of unique therapeutic resources for young people and families. These include Face it cards, Tell Me A Story cards and the popular programs, Power Up™, The Best of Friends® and BaseCamp which are used in schools around Australia and overseas.